Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Chocolate chip banana bread to complete the evening

As we all know, health is important. I love organic food, creating delicious healthy meals and exercising in almost every way possible, but every once in a while, an evening rolls around that just requires chocolate chip banana bread.



Sure I use organic ingredients for most all of my recipes (minus the chocolate chips, brown sugar and vanilla extract in this particular recipe) but I'm not sure I can classify a yummy mixture of butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips, eggs and flour as a healthy snack. However, let's not forget the bananas. Those offset the "naughty" ingredients....right?

This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is actually one of the best I have ever had. It was given to me by my mother-in-law. It has an excellent texture, the perfect density and it tastes like heaven for all you banana bread lovers. Here's how easy it is to make:

Chocolate chip banana bread recipe-
1 stick organic softened butter
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 very ripe organic bananas
2 organic eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. organic flour (I do half whole wheat and half white flour)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chocolate chips



First, cream together butter, brown sugar, and bananas.



Then add eggs and vanilla.


In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Then add dry mixture to wet mixture. Do not over stir. Add chocolate chips.


Lightly grease a bread pan and pour mixture into it. I happened to double the recipe tonight so I could save one to bring to a brunch that we have planned this weekend, but the recipe above only makes one loaf. Bake bread at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.


And there you go! Banana slices on top make it that much better (and healthier!), of course. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment