Monday, May 5, 2014

Shrimp vermicelli bowl

Tonight we made an interesting dish that was quite yummy! It was a Cooksmarts recipe that was good but left me a little hungry unfortunately.

The sweet and sour sauce recipe was not the best so I won't post it, but I would recommend just using a store-bought sweet and sour sauce or even a teriyaki sauce.


The best part of this meal was all the organic veggies! I chopped romaine, shredded carrots, sliced mint, and julienned cucumbers. 

While I chopped the veggies, I boiled the vermicelli rice noodles.


Then I sautéed the shrimp in grape seed oil (which I prefer over olive oil).


And finally, I threw it all in a bowl, and poured some of the sweet and sour sauce (as well as teriyaki sauce) on top. Like I said, though this meal was good, it was just not as filling as I'd hoped. Next time I would make it with some focaccia bread or rolls or something. Happy Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment