Monday, April 28, 2014

Kale broccoli stir-fry: My go-to

Lately I have had a bit of an addiction. Luckily, it's a healthy one! For the last month and a half I have been eating copious amounts of kale, broccoli, onion and garlic, usually in the form of a stir-fry. Every week, usually on a Wednesday, I make this dish. I'd probably make it even more but I don't think my husband would appreciate that. He's not the biggest kale fan.


Kale Broccoli Stir-fry
1 bunch organic kale, chopped
1-2 heads organic broccoli, chopped 
1 medium onion
4 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
*With kale, I usually discard about 3 inches of the stalk because those stem parts are a little too thick and hard to chew in my opinion.

I simply heat olive oil in a pan, then sauté onion and garlic. I personally like to burn the onions a bit (it makes them taste sweet and caramelized). Then I add the broccoli and sauté it for about 4 minutes, and then I add the kale and sauté all of it for about 5-7 more minutes on medium heat. This is such a healthy, nutrient-packed dinner!

I usually serve the veggies over organic brown rice or quinoa. Tonight I chose to serve it over organic royal red quinoa. Royal red quinoa is so amazing! If you haven't tried it, you're missing out!

The wine is a Trader Joe's Merlot. It was decent considering it was only about $5 but I probably won't buy it again. Looking forward to next Wednesday already!




2 comments:

  1. Why do you try to eat that once a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it's just SO good! Plus it's super nutrient dense :)

    ReplyDelete