Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Veggie sandwich

Sometimes you just feel like eating a sandwich. Most people think of a sandwich as a bread, meat, cheese, mayo and mustard meal but not me. My perfect refreshing, crisp sandwich is vegetarian of course, and consists of all organic veggies with a slice of organic cheese, all between two pieces of stone ground whole wheat bread.


Instead of mayo and mustard, I spread a thick layer of Mediterranean hummus from Trader Joes on both slices of bread. Then I add romaine lettuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber, and last but not least, a slice of organic sharp cheddar cheese. You can really use whatever veggies you have in the fridge. Sometimes I add bell pepper or spinach as well. A simple, yet perfect lunch :)

All this talk of veggies makes me excited to plant my vegetable garden in a few weeks! I'll make sure to share those posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment