Monday, March 31, 2014

Vanilla banana espresso "ice cream"

I am desperately trying to stay away from sugar. It has always given me a headache but for some reason I continue to eat it. Eliminating sugar from your diet is quite the challenge but I have to say that I feel a million times more energized and healthy when I leave it out of my diet. Plus, after not eating sugar for about 3 weeks or so, it gets much easier. The cravings get less and less significant. Now my taste buds think fruit is the sweetest thing ever!

So, one night I decided to make vanilla espresso banana "ice cream," without all the nasty sugar and junk.

My recipe was so simple and DELICIOUS!

Vanilla Espresso Banana "Ice Cream"
4 Frozen organic bananas
1 c. Almond milk (you can add more depending on your preferred consistency)
2 T. Vanilla espresso almond butter
1/4 t. Vanilla extract


This Wild Friends almond butter is incredible! I chose the vanilla espresso almond butter because it sounded amazing (me being the coffee lover that I am), and it proved to be wonderful.


I puréed all the ingredients in our Ninja blender on high for about 1minute. The ice cream turned out so smooth and way better than "normal" ice cream. Plus it's such a healthy alternative.


Now I can't imagine having ice cream any other way...






No comments:

Post a Comment