Thursday, March 27, 2014

Artichoke pesto fish en Papillote

One of my favorite foods is an artichoke, so when I saw a recipe on Cooksmarts for Tilapia en Papillote with artichoke pesto, I was all over it. We used Wild Caught Hake for our fish because my husband and I are not big fans of tilapia.




The artichoke pesto was made with 4 cups organic spinach, 1 can artichoke hearts, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 5 cloves garlic and 1/2 cup olive oil. Plus salt and pepper to taste. All blended in the handy food processor.


I lathered the artichoke pesto on the fish, topped it with sliced lemons, and put them on parchment paper. Notice the parchment paper is cut into a heart shape.


The heart shape allows the fish to easily be pinched and folded, to keep all the goodness inside with the fish.


I made three pieces of fish because we had a guest. These went in the oven at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes.


I decided to make a garlic herb quinoa/ brown rice on the side. I also made steamed cauliflower and mixed some leftover artichoke pesto in with it. It turned out so yummy!


The fish was perfectly moist and the artichoke pesto on top was incredible! This dinner was definitely a hit!








No comments:

Post a Comment