Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Stir-fry and Ticket to Ride

With all the many things to do in one day; work, laundry, picking up after your toddler, it is stressful when the clock reaches 5pm and you have no idea what you're going to make your family for dinner. I also had a difficult time at the grocery store because I was never sure what I was making for dinners during the week, and often over-shopped, which wasted a lot of food by the end of the week. Now, I use Cooksmarts (a meal planning service) to organize my dinner meals 4 days a week. I love having a plan for meals ahead of time, and having a prepared grocery list. Below is a meal from this week's menu that turned out pretty great!


We made a delicious tofu noodle stir-fry! It has garlic, tomatoes, tofu, spinach and baby bok choy in it. The sauce the recipe called for was a soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch mixture. After I mixed in the sauce with the stir-fry though, it was just a little too bland. So I spruced it up a bit.


I added a little extra soy sauce and Szechuan hot sauce to bring out more of the flavors. It definitely did the trick!


Then my husband and I played one of our favorite board games, Ticket to Ride, with a friend of ours. Somehow, the boys often win this game, but I'm determined to win one of these days!







1 comment:

  1. No excuses, Autumn! You need to win!!!! We'll play when you're out here! :D

    ReplyDelete